This Blog contains all my sermons and Bible studies from the last 10 years at North Springfield Baptist Church in Chelmsford, UK. There are around 800 sermons in over 80 separate series and more than a hundred Bible Study outlines in a dozen series. All the series are listed in the left sidebar and the most recent sermons and studies are in the list to the right. You can use the search box to find sermons and studies referring to any Bible books, characters or topics.
You might also enjoy my second blog of occasional Reflections on Theology, Ministry and Mission.
You can find this at www.pbthomas.com/thoughts
Recent posts there include:
- It’s all Wombatularity;
- Church Life After Covid19;
- Synoptic Gospels Course Manual and Old Testament Survey Course Manual; these were two second year degree courses delivered to Kaniki Bible University College in Zambia.
My Thoughts blog also contains longer articles including
- Juggling With Chickens – Pastoral Ministry in Practice;
- The Prophethood of All Believers;
- Is the Longer Ending of Mark Holy Scripture – a summary of my MA dissertation on the Nature of Biblical Authority;
- Handy Extra Learning Packs – resources for Christian Education Course 1 – Understanding The New Testament
Taking Every Opportunity
How can ministers and churches help Christians to talk about Jesus more boldly and wisely, confidently and effectively?
The fruit of three months of Sabbatical study of outreach and evangelism is online as a third blog which you can find at
This site includes a blog of 42 Great Outreach Ideas and a number of longer articles, including
- Taking Every Opportunity – Conversations About Jesus
- Preaching the Gospel Necessarily Includes Words;
- Prepared to Answer – a series of sermons helping Christians to be ready to share their faith
including “Fan The Flame” a Guided Course in Discipleship for mature believers.
Prepared To Give An Answer (2016)
Helping Christians to talk about Jesus more wisely and boldly, confidently and effectively.
More details of these on the BOOKS page.
Recent Sermons and Studies
- 10 Ways God Wants to Bless You – 2020
- I am the Resurrection and the Life John 11:35
- John 3:16
- Growing Up Into Christ 2 Peter 1:3-9
- Psalm 119:105 What do we mean by The Word of God?
- Jesus Calls Us to be His Disciples Matthew 4:18-22
- How to pray when life is tough Psalm 54
- There’s a war on! Ephesians 6:10-17
- God’s Idea of Marriage Ephesians 5:21-33
- The fool says in his heart, “There is no God” Psalm 53
- Keep On Being Filled With The Spirit Ephesians 5:1-18
- Put On Your New Nature Ephesians 4:17-5:2
- The uprooted tree and the flourishing tree Psalm 52
- To the blameless I will show my salvation Psalm 50
- As each part does its work Ephesians 4:7-16
- No-one can redeem the life of another Psalm 49
- Keep the Unity of the Spirit Ephesians 4:1-6
- The Glorious City of God Psalm 48
- Immeasurably more than you can ask, or even imagine! Ephesians 3:20-21
- God is our refuge and strength Psalms 46 and 47
- Awake, O Lord! Psalm 44
- How wide and how long and how high and how deep EPHESIANS 3:14-19
- Thirsty for God Psalm 42
- God’s Cosmic Masterplan of Salvation Ephesians 3:1-13
- Church of the Gaps Psalm 41:1-3
- The Church – God’s Holy Temple Ephesians 2:11-22
- I waited patiently for the Lord Psalm 40