This Blog contains all my sermons and Bible studies from the last 11 years at North Springfield Baptist Church in Chelmsford, UK.
There are more than 800 sermons in over 90 separate series and more than a hundred Bible Study outlines in a dozen series. All the series are listed in the left sidebar and the most recent sermons and studies are in the list to the right. You can use the search box to find sermons and studies referring to any Bible books, characters or topics.
For the last two years all these sermons have been recorded on video. You can watch them in the NSBC Facebook Group
Catch up with the rest of the news of the church in the group
More recently some of the videos have also been posted in the YouTube Channel for
North Springfield Baptist Church Chelmsford UK
If you want to chat about anything on this blog, do email
You might also enjoy my second blog of occasional Reflections on Theology, Ministry and Mission.
You can find this at www.pbthomas.com/thoughts
Recent posts there include:
- My friend gave up praying when her goldfish died
- Why do we serve God?
- Regaining momentum.
- Through Lent with Jesus of Nazareth – a Viewing Plan
- It’s all Wombatularity;
- Church Life After Covid19;
- Synoptic Gospels Course Manual and Old Testament Survey Course Manual; these were two second year degree courses delivered to Kaniki Bible University College in Zambia.
My Thoughts blog also contains longer articles including
- Juggling With Chickens – Pastoral Ministry in Practice;
- The Prophethood of All Believers;
- Is the Longer Ending of Mark Holy Scripture – a summary of my MA dissertation on the Nature of Biblical Authority;
- Handy Extra Learning Packs – resources for Christian Education Course 1 – Understanding The New Testament
Taking Every Opportunity
How can ministers and churches help Christians to talk about Jesus more boldly and wisely, confidently and effectively?
The fruit of three months of Sabbatical study of outreach and evangelism is online as a third blog which you can find at
This site includes a blog of 42 Great Outreach Ideas and a number of longer articles, including
- Taking Every Opportunity – Conversations About Jesus
- Preaching the Gospel Necessarily Includes Words;
- Prepared to Answer – a series of sermons helping Christians to be ready to share their faith
including “Fan The Flame” a Guided Course in Discipleship for mature believers.
Prepared To Give An Answer (2016)
Helping Christians to talk about Jesus more wisely and boldly, confidently and effectively.
More details of these on the BOOKS page.
Recent Sermons and Studies
- Qualifications for church leadership 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- What could I say about growing older? 1 Timothy 5:1-11
- Stand up to false teachers
- Coping with disappointment Psalm 31
- Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners 1 Timothy 1:12-17
- Helping people through grief
- Devoted to doing what is good – the Letter to Titus
- How does Easter make you feel? Mark 16:1-8
- Any other way – Jesus in Gethsemane Mark 14:32-42
- Dealing with anger Matthew 5:21-24
- What could I say? Some general principles for helping other people.
- Dealing with our fears
- The separation of the sheep from the goats Matthew 25:31-46
- The parable of the three servants and the bags of gold Matthew 25:14-30
- Dealing with failure
- Dealing with Anxiety Matthew 6:25-34
- When is Jesus coming back? Matthew 24:1-3, 36-51
- Woe to you, blind guides! Matthew 23
- Dealing with Guilt Psalm 51
- God lives in us – the Holy Spirit in 1 John
- Another Helper – the presence of Jesus in us! John 14:16-27
- Moving on with the Holy Spirit Luke 11:9-13
- Dishonest but shrewd – the cunning plan Luke 16:1-9
- Speaking in tongues – a way of praying 1 Corinthians 14:1-5, 13-19
- The prophethood of all believers 1 Corinthians 14:26-33
- Especially the gift of prophecy 1 Corinthians 14:1-5
- Manifestations of the Holy Spirit 1 Corinthians 12:1, 4-11